Monday, December 27, 2010

Staff Update

Another day another rumor or two.

It appears as though James Willis will be joining the staff. His position is still unknown, however I am hearing that DC is unlikely. Willis recently resigned from the Texas Tech staff, where he served as DC under Tommy Tuberville. I think it is likely that Willis will at a minimum coach LBs. The addition of Willis would mean that DJ Durkin would either coach just DEs or be the ST coordinator.

A leading candidate for the DC position, or Co-DC position, has also emerged. Quinn is currently coaching the Seattle Seahawks DL and previously coached with the Jets, Hofstra and William & Mary.

Word is also circulating that both coordinators could end up being co-coordinator positions, with one person coming from the NFL for both sides of the ball.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So what you're saying is Jack Kirby and Applewhite are for sure out? That makes me a little sad...

Anonymous said...

Uh-ohh...

http://lubbockonline.com/sports-red-raiders/2010-12-28/wolfforth-police-investigating-domestic-violence-willis-residence

Scully said...

I guess the Willis rumors to Florida were just that.

I think there is a good chance that Applewhite is still on the staff, just not as the OC.

Anonymous said...

oh my god, we are going to the 3-4!!

Trader Rick said...

Nothing to say about the bowl???

Scully said...

My only to say is thank god the season that never happened is finally over.

sports fan said...

Hi, great site, very informative. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. We are happy to offer you a 10% discount to our Online Store if you do so. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.

Thanks!

Frank
frank641w@gmail.com

Nadya Dwi said...

What position is James Willis rumored to be taking on the staff, and why is the defensive coordinator role unlikely for him? Visit us Telkom University